Project Finance Officer (gn)
Climate Analytics gGmbH
Climate Analytics is a non-profit climate science and policy institute, established in 2008. We are based in Berlin (Germany) with offices in New York (USA), Lomé (Togo) and Perth (Australia) with staff and associates across the world. The institute’s mission is to synthesise and advance scientific knowledge in the area of climate change and on this basis provide support and capacity building to stakeholders. We are a team of scientists and policy analysts with long experience in the international climate change debate. By linking scientific and policy analysis, we provide state-of-the-art solutions to global and national climate change policy challenges. Through its unique position at the interface between science, policy and practice, and with its excellent international networks, Climate Analytics provides an exciting working environment with exceptional opportunities for the professional and personal development of each employee.
We are currently seeking a Project Finance Officer to support and expand our Global Finance Team. Do you enjoy a wide array of tasks, from general company accounting to project budgeting and controlling? Join our team in Berlin in the fight against climate change!
- You develop, review and update project budgets in line with funder rules and dynamic project developments,
- You prepare internal and external reports and provide analysis and overview to your colleagues in project management,
- You check invoices and expense claims received, ensuring they are in line with budgets and funder requirements and prepare outgoing invoices and payment requests to funders,
- You can answer basic financial/project/tax related questions from the team and management and support the other Finance Team members,
- You prepare and take part in audits and expenditure verification of projects,
- You allocate costs across different projects.
- You hold a degree in accounting or related discipline or equivalent vocational training and
- Have a minimum of two years professional experience in project accounting and controlling
- Experience using ERP system/s are an asset: We are currently upgrading our MS Access database to an ERPsystem and would benefit from your expertise
- Understanding of the non-profit sector is a significant advantage
- Our working language is English, therefore fluency in German and English is necessary, French would be an asset
- The finance team needs you to be a team player who can work independently
- You should be structured and reliable, and your work must remain accurate, even under pressure
- A job with purpose. With us you will work in a team of engaged people and with your skills you can make a positive contribution to our work in the field of climate change.
- A positive and inspiring working atmosphere in an international team in Berlin. Our offices are located near Moritzplatz in the heart of the lively Kreuzberg, surrounded by a dynamic startup scene.
- We will refund your BVG ticket and offer a company pension plan.
- Application Deadline: 09.08.2020
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- Terms: Full-time position. Currently we can offer a two-year fixed term contract with the perspective of extension based on performance and funding.
- Requirements: EU citizen or existing work permit for Germany.
Please apply with your CV, cover letter and a list of three referees in PDF format by 9 August 2020 and indicate in your cover letter your earliest start date and your salary expectations.
Please apply exclusively using the application form. Applications by email or by post can unfortunately not be processed.
For further information send your questions via email to email@example.com.
Climate Analytics gGmbH
(Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: