Senior Environmental Fate Modelling Expert - (m/f/d) Ref. No 06-07.2020
RIFCON GmbH is an independent scientific consulting company offering a competent and adaptable service portfolio for the registration of agrochemicals, biocides and biopesticides. Our head office is located in Hirschberg near Heidelberg in Germany. Our 180 employees offer services ranging from complete EU registration packages, general consultancy work to sophisticated GLP field studies and various combinations of these elements.
Our Environmental Fate Modelling (Efate) Team located in Hirschberg / Germany is looking for a senior environmental modelling expert (full time) with at least 5 years of professional experience in that area.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
The candidate will be involved in various aspects of the registration process of active ingredients and plant protection products in Europe according to Regulation (EC) 1107/2009.
- Environmental fate risk assessment (calculation of predicted environmental concentrations in soil, groundwater, surface water, air…)
- Monitoring and evaluation of laboratory and field studies on substance behaviour (e.g. kinetic evaluation of degradation studies to derive half-lives)
- Development of higher tier strategies for refinement
- Preparation of EU dossiers according to European and national requirements
- Data gap analysis
- Project management and strategic consultancy
- Close cooperation with our clients, scientific units and regulatory authorities
- Scientific background (geoecology, biology, earth and environmental sciences or equivalent discipline)
- At least 5 years of professional experience in Efate modelling in a similar position is a must (CRO, consultancy, industry).
- Knowledge of environmental fate modelling (water and substance transport models, FOCUS models)
- Knowledge on behaviour of chemical substances in the environment is preferred (e.g. degradation kinetics, sorption isotherms)
- Knowledge of regulatory processes for active substances and plant protection products in the EU would be advantageous
- Very good level of written and spoken English, other language skills are advantageous
- Excellent communication and team player skills
- Attractive working environment including indefinite contract and multifaceted tasks
- To work as part of a dedicated international team of scientists and staff
- Possibility of professional development and occupational education
- An option to widen your personal network in the area of industry, science and regulatory authorities
- High degree of project and self-responsibility
- Employer-funded pension
- Friendly and family working atmosphere
- Home offices opportunities
- Flexible working hours and part time models
- Job ticket, Employee parking spaces
- Allowance regarding child care
- Individual ergonomic advices, Yoga
- Team events
- Free coffee, tea and water
If you meet our requirements, please apply in English or German and send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Ref. No.: 06-07.2020 before 31th August 2020. Please include a covering letter, your CV, a Letter of Reference and your salary expectation.
Ref. No.: 06-07.2020
(Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: