Communications Officer (m/f/x)
Rewilding Oder Delta e.V.
Communications Officer (m/f/x)
Rewilding Oder Delta e.V. is a new entity established to implement the Rewilding Vision for the Oder Delta in Germany and Poland, one of eight rewilding areas supported by Rewilding Europe. In order to strengthen local visibility and promote our transboundary team work to rewild the Oder Delta, we are looking for a Communication Officer, preferably located in the area and capacity to work home based. The preferred capacity is 0.5 full-time equivalent (fte).
Roles and Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities of the Communications Officer include:
- Together with the Team Leaders Poland and Germany and the Rewilding Coordinator, take the lead in developing a communications strategy for ROD, including a strategic analysis of key target groups and setting of clear goals, objectives and deliverables of this strategy;
- Ensure the delivery of the strategy including further development of content creation for the new ROD website and regular communication activities using different tools and media channels;
- Prepare and support team members with fundraising activities and ensure proper media coverage of new and ongoing projects.
The communications officer will also ensure synergies with the Communication teams of the Rewilding Europe Central Office based in Nijmegen, Netherlands and colleagues in other rewilding areas.
The position is very operational and results oriented and requires the ability to create media content around all rewilding topics relevant for ROD.
A key responsibility for the Communications Officer is to promote the Oder Delta as a top transboundary rewilding area and sustainable nature tourism destination.
- Leading the drafting and implementation of the communication strategy for the Oder Delta rewilding area, in close cooperation with the team coordinator of ROD and the Rewilding Europe Central Team;
- Responsible for planning and organising communication/ promotion/ media events at transnational (Germany/Poland) levels;
- Active participation in planning and budgeting for communication, promotion and outreach of the Oder Delta rewilding area;
- Responsible in drafting and carrying out of communication/ media/ promotion plans for the rewilding and enterprise activities in Oder Delta;
- Responsible for defining and drafting the communication actions as part of the Oder Delta fundraising strategy.
- Very active in the engagement and relationship building & management with local partners and stakeholders in the Oder Delta who are critical for the success of the initiative, according to the Communication Strategy
- Responsible for the content of the ROD website (www.rewilding-oder-delta.com) and for the Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/rewildingoderdelta/)
- Ensure regular exchange and content sharing between other rewilding areas and the central team with focus on sharing web content for blogs and news
- Explore new media opportunities for ROD in social media (e.g. Twitter, Instagram)
- Support the Rewilding Coordinator in contacts with external media and press contacts
- Organise local press and media events with the ROD Team Leaders
- Communications Officer reports to the Rewilding Coordinator
Qualifications and skills:
- At least 3-year experience in communication–both strategic and operational-ideally with a journalism/ PR background, extensive communication and PR experience in projects related to conservation;
- A creative and very pro-active attitude and personality with an ability to work independently;
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms, familiarity with the latest digital technologies and social media trends including video making and branding. Experienced user of WordPress;
- Personal field passion and experience of nature, a lust for the wild and a keen interest in wildlife and field ecology.
- Good knowledge about communication, visualisation and media. Well-developed contacts with media circles (local and national);
- Excellent creative writing skills in German or Polish, with a good level on the other language . Good command of English, both written and spoken is also an asset;
- Excellent social skills, experience communication at various levels (national and local) and to various audiences (environmental, business, tourism, general). Excellent presentation skills;
- A good team player, pro-active attitude and problem-solving abilities;
- At least 3 years of experience in text writing and editing;
- Experience with EU funded projects, including reporting;
- Knowledge and experience in development/ translating of communication products, such as brochures, leaflets, AV shows, powerpoint-presentations;
- Knowledge of Oder Delta region is an asset;
- Experience in working in international marketing and communications teams, work in cross-cultural setting and with an understanding of local issues and contexts;
- Passionate about ROD´s and Rewilding Europe’s mission, vision and objectives.
This will depend on the educational level, background, expertise, level of experience and country of residence of the successful applicant.
All applications should be sent before 17.00 hrs CET on January 25, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org, including a CV, a motivational letter and up to three work samples in electronic version (own articles, publications, etc.). Any questions regarding this position should also be sent to this email address. The application shall be submitted in German.
Rewilding Oder Delta e.V.
Zum Wiesenweg 8
17391 Stolpe an der Peene
(Ursprünglich) veröffentlicht am: